Noun: accommodation u,kó-mu'dey-shun
- Living quarters provided for public convenience
"the nearby hotel offers overnight accommodation"
- Making or becoming suitable; adjusting to circumstances
- adjustment, fitting
- A settlement of differences
"they reached an accommodation with Japan"
- The act of providing something (lodging, seat or food) to meet a need
- (physiology) the automatic adjustment in focal length of the natural lens of the eye
- In the theories of Jean Piaget: the modification of internal representations in order to accommodate a changing knowledge of reality
Derived forms: accommodations
Type of: adjustment, advance, aid, alteration, assist, assistance, betterment, developmental learning, help, improvement, living quarters, modification, quarters, settlement
Encyclopedia: Accommodation Accommodation, Biblical Accommodation, ocular