Adjective: activated 'ak-ti,vey-tid
Verb: activate 'ak-ti,veyt
- Rendered active; e.g. rendered radioactive, luminescent, photosensitive or conductive
- (of sewage) treated with aeration and bacteria to aid decomposition
- (of e.g. a molecule) made reactive or more reactive
- (military) set up and placed on active assignment
"a newly activated unit"
- Put in motion or move to act
"activate the circuits";
- trip, actuate, trigger, set off, spark off, spark, trigger off, touch off
- Make active or more active
"activate an old file"
- Make more adsorptive
"activate a metal"
- Aerate (sewage) so as to favour the growth of organisms that decompose organic matter
- Make (substances) radioactive
See also: active, reactive, treated
Type of: alter, change, initiate, modify, pioneer