Noun: banking bang-king
Verb: bank bangk
- Engaging in the business of keeping money for savings and checking accounts or for exchange or for issuing loans and credit etc.
- Transacting business with a bank; depositing or withdrawing funds or requesting a loan etc.
- Tip laterally
"the pilot had to bank the aircraft"
- Enclose with a bank
- Do business with a bank or keep an account at a bank
"Where do you bank in this town?"
- Act as the banker in a game or in gambling
- Be in the banking business
- Put into a bank account
"She banks her paycheque every month";
- Cover with ashes so as to control the rate of burning
"bank a fire"
- Have confidence or faith in
"bank on your good education";
- trust, swear, rely
Derived forms: bankings
Type of: act, believe, close in, cover, do work, enclose, finance, give, inclose, shut in, tip, transact, work
Encyclopedia: Banking, Insurance and General Workers Union Bank, Hampshire