Noun: banner ba-nu(r)
Adjective: banner ba-nu(r)
- Long strip of cloth or paper used for decoration or advertising
- A newspaper headline that runs across the full page
- Any distinctive flag
- A notional title or justification
"They usually make their case under the banner of environmentalism"
- An advertisement on a web page or on television taking the form of a graphic or animation above or alongside the main content
- Unusually good; outstanding
"a banner year for the company"
Derived forms: banners
See also: superior
Type of: flag, headline, newspaper headline
Encyclopedia: Banner, IL Banner, California Banner Banner, Illinois Banner, Wyoming Banner, Ontario Banner, Kings County, California