Noun: besieging bi'see-jing
Verb: besiege bi'seej
- (military) the action of an armed force that surrounds a fortified place and isolates it while continuing to attack
- siege, beleaguering, military blockade
- Encircle as a military tactic
"The Turks besieged Vienna";
- beleaguer, surround, hem in, circumvent, siege
- Cause to feel distressed or worried
"She was besieged by so many problems that she got discouraged"
- Harass, as with questions or requests
"The press photographers besieged the movie star"
Derived forms: besiegings
Type of: assail, attack, blockade, distress, encirclement, importune, insist