Noun: boiling boy-ling
Adverb: boiling boy-ling
- The application of heat to change something from a liquid to a gas
- Cooking in a liquid that has been brought to a boil
- stewing, simmering
Adjective: boiling boy-ling
Verb: boil boyl
- Feeling uncomfortably hot
- sweltering, baking, roasting, steaming
- Come to the boiling point and change from a liquid to vapour
"Water boils at 100 degrees Celsius"
- Immerse or be immersed in a boiling liquid, often for cooking purposes
"boil potatoes"; "boil wool"
- Bring to, or maintain at, the boiling point
"boil this liquid until it evaporates"
- Be agitated
"the sea was boiling in the storm";
- churn, moil [N. Amer], roil
- Be in an agitated emotional state
"The customer was boiling with anger";
Derived forms: boilings
Type of: alter, be, change, change state, cookery, cooking, evaporation, heating, modify, move, preparation, turn, vapor [US], vaporisation [Brit], vaporization, vapour [Brit, Cdn], warming
Encyclopedia: Boiling Boil, Bulgaria