Adjective: brief (briefer,briefest) breef
Noun: brief breef
- Of short duration or distance
"a brief stay in the country"
- Concise and succinct
"covered the matter in a brief statement"
- (of clothing) very short
"a brief bikini";
Verb: brief breef
- (law) a document stating the facts and points of law of a client's case
- legal brief
- A condensed written summary or abstract
- The topic that a person, committee, or piece of research is expected to deal with or has authority to deal with
"they set up a group with a brief to suggest ways for strengthening family life";
- remit, responsibility
- Give essential information to someone
"The reporters were briefed about the President's plan to invade"
Derived forms: briefs, briefing, briefest, briefer, briefed
See also: concise, short
Type of: abstract, apprise, instruct, instrument, issue, legal document, legal instrument, matter, official document, outline, précis, rundown, subject, synopsis, topic
Encyclopedia: Brief, North Carolina