Verb: bruise brooz
Noun: bruise brooz
- Injure the underlying soft tissue or bone of
"I bruised my knee";
- Cause (somebody) emotional pain or offence
"This remark really bruised my ego";
- hurt, wound, injure, offend, spite
- (cooking) break up into small pieces for food preparation
"bruise the berries with a wooden spoon and strain them"
- Damage (plant tissue) by abrasion or pressure
"The customer bruised the strawberries by squeezing them"
- An injury that doesn't break the skin but results in some discolouration
Sounds like: brews
Derived forms: bruised, bruising, bruises
Type of: arouse, crush, damage, elicit, enkindle, evoke, fire, harm, hurt, injure, injury, kindle, provoke, raise, trauma, wound