Noun: caller ko-lu(r)
Adjective: caller ko-lu(r)
- A social or business visitor
- An investor who buys a call option
- The bettor in a card game who matches the bet and calls for a show of hands
- A person who announces the changes of steps during a dance
"you need a fiddler and a caller for country dancing";
- Someone who proclaims or summons in a loud voice
"the callers were mothers summoning their children home for dinner"
- The person who convenes a meeting
"who is the caller of this meeting?"
- The person initiating a telephone call
"there were so many callers that he finally disconnected the telephone";
- caller-up, phoner, telephoner
- Providing coolness
"'caller' is a Scottish term as in 'a caller breeze'"
Derived forms: callers
See also: cool, fresh
Type of: announcer, better, bettor, investor, leader, punter, speaker, talker, utterer, verbaliser [Brit], verbalizer, visitant, visitor, wagerer