Noun: call-in 'kol,in
Verb: call in
- A telephone call to a radio station or a television station in which the caller participates in the on-going program
- Summon to enter
"The nurse called in the next patient"
- Summon to a particular activity or employment
"Experts were called in"
- Pay a brief visit
"The mayor likes to call in on some of the prominent citizens";
- visit, call
- Take a player out of a game in order to exchange for another player
- Make a phone call
"call in to a radio station"; "call in sick"
- Demand payment of (a loan)
"call in a loan";
- Cause to be returned
"call in the defective auto tires";
- recall, call back, withdraw
Derived forms: calls in, called in, call-ins, calling in
Type of: ask in, call, call up, demand, exact, get together, invite, meet, move out, phone, phone call, remove, ring, send for, take, take out, telephone, telephone call
Encyclopedia: Call-in Call in