Verb: chop (chopped,chopping) chóp
Noun: chop chóp
- Cut into pieces
"Chop wood"; "chop meat"; "chop up wood";
- chop up
- Move suddenly
- Form or shape by chopping
"chop a hole in the ground"
- Strike sharply, as in some sports
- Cut with a hacking tool
- Hit sharply
- The irregular motion of waves (usually caused by wind blowing in a direction opposite to the tide)
"the boat headed into the chop"
- A small cut of meat including part of a rib
- A jaw
"I'll hit him on the chops"
- A tennis return made with a downward motion that puts backspin on the ball
- chop shot
- A grounder that bounces high in the air
Derived forms: chops, chopping, chopped
See also: chop down, chop off
Type of: create, cut, cut of meat, ground ball, groundball, grounder, hit, hopper, jaw, make, move, physical phenomenon, return, strike
Encyclopedia: Chop Chop, Ukraine