Noun: clapping kla-ping
Verb: clap (clapped,clapping) klap
- A demonstration of approval by clapping the hands together
- applause, hand clapping
- Put quickly or forcibly
"The judge clapped him in jail"
- Cause to strike the air in flight
"The big bird clapped its wings"
- Clap one's hands or shout after performances to indicate approval
- applaud, spat, acclaim
- Clap one's hands together
"The children were clapping to the music";
- Strike the air in flight
"the wings of the birds clapped loudly"
- Strike with the flat of the hand; usually in a friendly way, as in encouragement or greeting
- Strike together so as to produce a sharp percussive noise
"clap two boards together"
Derived forms: clappings
Type of: approval, beat, commendation, flap, gesticulate, gesture, hit, lay, motion, place, pose, position, put, set
Part of: ovation, standing ovation
Encyclopedia: Clapping Clap, el lugar de tus sueÃ±os