Adjective: clipped klipt
Verb: clip (clipped,clipping) klip
- Cut or trimmed by clipping
"a handsome man with a clipped moustache"; "clipped hedges"; "close-clipped lawns"; "a clipped poodle"
- (of speech) having quick short sounds
"a clipped upper-class accent"
- Sever or remove by pinching or snipping
"clip off the flowers";
- nip, nip off, snip, snip off
- Run at a moderately swift pace
- trot, jog
- Attach with a clip
"clip the papers together"
- Cultivate, tend, and cut back the growth of
"clip the plants in the garden";
- snip, crop, trim, lop, dress, prune, cut back
- Terminate or abbreviate before its intended or proper end or its full extent
"Personal freedom is clipped in many countries";
- curtail, cut short
See also: cut, short, trimmed
Type of: attach, cut, run, shorten, thin out
Encyclopedia: Clipped Clip, Arizona