Adjective: cloistered kloys-tu(r)d
Verb: cloister kloys-tu(r)
- Of communal life sequestered from the world under religious vows
- cloistral, conventual, monastic, monastical
- Providing privacy or seclusion
"the cloistered academic world of books";
- reclusive, secluded, sequestered
- Surround with a cloister, as of a garden
- Surround with a cloister
"cloister the garden"
- Seclude from the world in or as if in a cloister
"She cloistered herself in the office"
See also: private, unworldly
Type of: border, environ, insulate, isolate, ring, skirt, surround
Encyclopedia: Cloistered Cloister