Noun: complication ,kóm-plu'key-shun
- The act or process of complicating
- A situation or condition that is complex or confused
"her coming was a serious complication"
- Any disease or disorder that occurs during the course of (or because of) another disease
"bed sores are a common complication in cases of paralysis"
- A development that complicates a situation
"the court's decision had many unforeseen complications";
- ramification, complexity
- Puzzling complexity
- complicatedness, knottiness, tortuousness
Derived forms: complications
Type of: complexity, complexness, development, disease, hinderance, hindrance, interference, situation, state of affairs