Noun: conditioning kun'di-shu-ning
Verb: condition kun'di-shun
- A learning process in which an organism's behaviour becomes dependent on the occurrence of a stimulus in its environment
- Establish a conditioned response
- Develop (children's) behaviour by instruction and practice; especially to teach self-control
- discipline, train, check
- Specify as a condition or requirement in a contract or agreement; make an express demand or provision in an agreement
"The will conditions that she can live in the house for the rest of her life";
- stipulate, qualify, specify
- Put into a better state
"he conditions old cars"
- Apply conditioner to in order to make smooth and shiny
"I condition my hair after washing it"
Derived forms: conditionings
Type of: acquisition, ameliorate, amend, better, contract, develop, improve, instruct, learn, learning, make grow, meliorate, mend, shampoo, teach, undertake
Encyclopedia: Conditioning, operant Condition