Noun: confusion kun'fyoo-zhun
- Disorder resulting from a failure to behave predictably
"the army retreated in confusion"
- A mental state characterized by a lack of clear and orderly thought and behaviour
"a confusion of impressions"; "a mental confusion of impressions";
- mental confusion, confusedness, muddiness, disarray
- A feeling of embarrassment that leaves you confused
- An act causing a disorderly combination of elements with identities lost and distinctions blended
"the confusion of tongues at the Tower of Babel"
- A mistake that results from taking one thing to be another
"he changed his name in order to avoid confusion with the notorious outlaw";
Derived forms: confusions
Type of: cognitive state, combination, combining, compounding, disorder, embarrassment, error, fault, mistake, state of mind