Adjective: coordinating kow'or-du,ney-ting
Verb: coordinate kow'or-di-nut or kow'ord-nut
- (grammar) serving to connect two grammatical constituents of identical construction
"'and' in 'John and Mary' or in 'John walked and Mary rode' is a coordinating conjunction; and so is 'or' in 'will you go or stay?'";
- Bring order and organization to
"Can you help me coordinate my files?";
- organize, organise [Brit]
- Bring (components or parts) into proper or desirable coordination
"coordinate the wheels of my car";
- align, ordinate
- Bring into common action, movement, or condition
"coordinate the painters, masons, and plumbers"; "coordinate his actions with that of his colleagues"; "coordinate our efforts"
- Be co-ordinated
"These activities coordinate well"
Type of: adjust, arrange, care, conform to, correct, deal, fit, handle, manage, meet, set, set up