Noun: credits kre-dits
Noun: credit kre-dit
- A list of acknowledgements of those who contributed to the creation of a film (usually run at the end of the film)
Verb: credit kre-dit
- Acknowledgement, praise or respect for something, e.g. having a quality, producing something, doing something, etc.
"he was given credit for his work"; "give her credit for trying";
- Money available for a client to borrow
- An accounting entry acknowledging income or capital items
- credit entry
- Used in the phrase 'to your credit' in order to indicate an achievement deserving praise
"she already had several performances to her credit"
- Arrangement for deferred payment for goods and services
- deferred payment, tick [Brit]
- Recognition by a college or university that a course of studies has been successfully completed; typically measured in semester hours
- course credit
- A short note recognizing a source of information or of a quoted passage
"the student's essay failed to list several important credits";
- citation, cite, acknowledgment, reference, mention, quotation
- An entry on a list of persons who contributed to a film or written work
"the credits were given at the end of the film"
- An estimate, based on previous dealings, of a person's or an organization's ability to fulfil their financial commitments
- credit rating
- Give someone credit for something
"We credited her for saving our jobs"
- Ascribe an achievement to
"She was not properly credited in the program";
- Accounting: enter as credit
"We credit your account with $100"
- Have trust in; trust in the truth or veracity of
Type of: accomplishment, account, accounting entry, achievement, acknowledgement, acknowledgment, annotation, approval, approximation, ascribe, assets, assign, attainment, attribute, bank, calculate, commendation, entry, estimate, estimation, idea, impute, ledger entry, list, listing, notation, note, payment, rely, swear, title, trust
Antonym: cash, debit
Part of: film, flick, motion picture, motion-picture show, movie, moving picture, moving-picture show, pic, picture, picture show
Encyclopedia: Credits Credit