Noun: dating dey-ting
Verb: date deyt
- Use of chemical analysis to estimate the age of geological specimens
- geological dating
- A form of regular romantic courtship between two individuals
"It was a couple of years before he even started dating again"
- Meet with a lover or potential lover
"Tonight she is dating a former high school sweetheart"
- Stamp with a date
"The package is dated November 24";
- date stamp
- Assign a date to; determine the (probable) date of
"Scientists often cannot date precisely archeological or prehistorical findings"
- Date regularly; have a steady relationship with
"He is dating his former wife again!";
- go steady, go out, see
- Provide with a dateline; mark with a date
"She wrote the letter on Monday but she dated it Saturday so as not to reveal that she procrastinated"
Derived forms: datings
Type of: affiliate, associate, assort, chemical analysis, consort, determine, furnish, go out, provide, qualitative analysis, render, set, stamp, supply
Encyclopedia: Dating, Acme Acres Style Date, HokkaidÅ