Noun: days deyz
Noun: day dey
- The time during which someone's life continues
"the monarch's last days";
- Time for Earth to make a complete rotation on its axis
"two days later they left"; "they put on two performances every day"; "there are 30,000 passengers per day";
- twenty-four hours, twenty-four hour period, 24-hour interval, solar day, mean solar day
- Some point or period in time
"it should arrive any day now"; "after that day she never trusted him again"; "those were the days"; "these days it is not unusual"
- A day assigned to a particular purpose or observance
- The time after sunrise and before sunset while it is light outside
"the dawn turned night into day";
- daytime, daylight
- The recurring hours when you are not sleeping (especially those when you are working)
"my day began early this morning"; "it was a busy day on the stock exchange"; "she called it a day and went to bed"
- An era of existence or influence
"in the day of the dinosaurs"; "in the days of the Roman Empire"; "in the days of sailing ships"; "he was a successful pianist in his day"
- The period of time taken by a particular planet (e.g. Mars) to make a complete rotation on its axis
"how long is a day on Jupiter?"
- The time for one complete rotation of the earth relative to a particular star, about 4 minutes shorter than a mean solar day
- sidereal day
- A period of opportunity
"he deserves his day in court"; "every dog has his day"
Sounds like: daz
Type of: calendar day, chance, civil day, epoch, era, life, opportunity, period, period of time, sidereal time, time, time period, time unit, unit of time, work time
Encyclopedia: Days Day, George Day, John Charles, Sir Day, Minnesota Day Day, California Day, Clarence Shepard Day, Month, Year Day, William Rufus Day, Wisconsin Day, melvin Day, New York Day, Summers and Company Day, WI