Noun: days deyz
Noun: day dey
- The time during which someone's life continues
"the monarch's last days";
- Time for Earth to make a complete rotation on its axis
"two days later they left"; "they put on two performances every day"; "there are 30,000 passengers per day";
- twenty-four hours, twenty-four hour period, 24-hour interval, solar day, mean solar day
- Some point or period in time
"it should arrive any day now"; "after that day she never trusted him again"; "those were the days"; "these days it is not unusual"
- A day assigned to a particular purpose or observance
- The time after sunrise and before sunset while it is light outside
"the dawn turned night into day";
- daytime, daylight
- The recurring hours when you are not sleeping (especially those when you are working)
"my day began early this morning"; "it was a busy day on the stock exchange"; "she called it a day and went to bed"
- An era of existence or influence
"in the day of the dinosaurs"; "in the days of the Roman Empire"; "in the days of sailing ships"; "he was a successful pianist in his day"
- The period of time taken by a particular planet (e.g. Mars) to make a complete rotation on its axis
"how long is a day on Jupiter?"
- The time for one complete rotation of the earth relative to a particular star, about 4 minutes shorter than a mean solar day
- sidereal day
- A period of opportunity
"he deserves his day in court"; "every dog has his day"
Sounds like: daz
Type of: calendar day, chance, civil day, epoch, era, life, opportunity, period, period of time, sidereal time, time, time period, time unit, unit of time, work time
Encyclopedia: Days, Mississippi Day, WI