Noun: depth depth
- The extent downward, backward or inward
"depth of a shelf"; "the depth of the water";
- Degree of psychological or intellectual profundity
- (usually plural) the deepest and most remote part
"from the depths of darkest Africa"; "signals received from the depths of space"
- (usually plural) a low moral state
"he had sunk to the depths of addiction"
- The intellectual ability to penetrate deeply into ideas
- astuteness, profundity, profoundness, deepness
- The attribute or quality of being deep, strong, or intense
"the depth of his breathing"; "the depth of his sighs,"; "the depth of his emotion"
Derived forms: depths
See also: deep, shallow
Type of: abasement, abjection, attribute, degradation, degree, extent, grade, level, part, region, sapience, wisdom