Noun: dimension dI'men-shun or di'men-shun
Verb: dimension dI'men-shun or di'men-shun
- The magnitude of something in a particular direction (especially length, width or height)
- A construct whereby objects or individuals can be distinguished
- property, attribute
- One of three Cartesian coordinates that determine a position in space
- Magnitude or extent
"a building of vast dimensions";
- (physics) the physical units of a quantity, expressed in terms of fundamental quantities like time, mass and length
"velocity has dimensions of length/time"
- (science fiction) an alternative universe or plane of existence
- Indicate the dimensions on
"These techniques permit us to dimension the human heart"
- Shape or form to required dimensions
Derived forms: dimensioned, dimensioning, dimensions
Type of: Cartesian coordinate, concept, conception, construct, form, magnitude, mark, shape