Adjective: discerning di'sur-ning
Verb: discern di'surn
- Having or revealing keen insight and good judgment
"a discerning critic"; "a discerning reader"
- Unobtrusively perceptive and sympathetic
"a discerning editor";
- Quick to understand
"a kind and discerning friend";
- Able to make or detect effects of great subtlety; sensitive
"discerning taste"; "a discerning eye for colour"
- See or hear differences; identify a particular part or parts of a whole; detect with difficulty
- spot, recognize, recognise [Brit], distinguish, pick out, make out, tell apart
- Perceive, recognize, or understand
See also: clear, clear-eyed, clear-sighted, critical, discriminating, perceptive, percipient, perspicacious, prescient, tactful