Adjective: easy (easier,easiest) ee-zee
Adverb: easy ee-zee
- Posing no difficulty; requiring little effort
"an easy job"; "an easy problem"; "an easy victory"; "the house is easy to heat"; "satisfied with easy answers"; "took the easy way out of his dilemma"
- Not hurried or forced
"an easy walk around the block";
- easygoing, leisurely
- Free from worry or anxiety
"knowing that I had done my best, my mind was easy"; "an easy good-natured manner"
- Affording pleasure
"easy good looks"
- Having little impact
"an easy pat on the shoulder";
- gentle, soft
- Readily exploited or tricked
"an easy victim"; "an easy mark"
- In fortunate circumstances financially; moderately rich
- comfortable, prosperous, well-fixed, well-heeled, well-off, well-situated, well-to-do
- Marked by moderate steepness
"an easy climb";
- Affording comfort
"soft light that was easy on the eyes"
- Casual and unrestrained in sexual behaviour
"her easy virtue";
- light, loose, promiscuous, sluttish, wanton, tarty, slutty
- (economics) less in demand and therefore readily obtainable
"commodities are easy this quarter"
- (economics) obtained with little effort or sacrifice, often obtained illegally
- With ease ('easy' is sometimes used informally for 'easily')
"success came too easy";
- With low speed
"go easy here--the road is slippery";
- slowly, slow, tardily
- In a relaxed manner; or without hardship
"just wanted to take it easy";
Derived forms: easier, easiest
See also: abundant, available, casual, clean, comfortable, comfy, cushy, ease, easiness, easygoing, effortless, elementary, gradual, hands-down, impressible, impressionable, light, painless, pleasing, relaxed, rich, simple, simpleness, simplicity, simplified, smooth, soft, unchaste, uncomplicated, undemanding, unhurried, unproblematic, user-friendly, waxy
Antonym: difficult, uneasy