Noun: envelope 'en-vu,lowp
- A flat (usually rectangular) container for a letter, thin package, etc.
- Any wrapper or covering
- A curve that is tangent to each of a family of curves
- A natural covering (as by a fluid)
"the spacecraft detected an envelope of gas around the comet"
- The maximum operating capability of a system (especially an aircraft)
"test pilots try to push the envelope"
- The bag containing the gas in a balloon
Derived forms: envelopes
Type of: bag, container, cover, covering, curve, curved shape, natural covering, operating capability, performance capability, wrap, wrapper, wrapping
Part of: balloon