Adjective: federal fe-du-rul
- National; especially in reference to the government of the United States as distinct from that of its member units
"the Federal Bureau of Investigation"; "federal courts"; "the federal highway program"; "federal property"
- Of or relating to the central government of a federation
"a federal district is one set aside as the seat of the national government"
- (government) characterized by or constituting a form of government in which power is divided between one central and several regional authorities
"a federal system like that of the United States"; "federal governments often evolved out of confederations"
- Being of or having to do with the northern United States and those loyal to the Union during the American Civil War
"Federal forces"; "a Federal infantryman";
- A member of the Union Army during the American Civil War
- Federal soldier, Union soldier
- Any federal law-enforcement officer
- Fed, federal official
Derived forms: Federals
See also: national, northern
Type of: agent, federal agent, Northerner, Yank, Yankee
Encyclopedia: Federal, Entre Rios Federal Federal, Queensland Federal, Entre RÃos