Noun: feelings fee-lingz
Noun: feeling fee-ling
- Emotional or moral sensitivity (especially in relation to personal principles or dignity)
"the remark hurt his feelings"
- The experiencing of affective and emotional states
"she had a feeling of euphoria"; "he had terrible feelings of guilt"; "I disliked him and the feeling was mutual"
- A vague idea in which some confidence is placed
"what are your feelings about the crisis?"; "I had a feeling that she was lying";
- impression, belief, notion, opinion
- The general atmosphere of a place or situation and the effect that it has on people
- spirit, tone, feel, flavor [US], flavour [Brit, Cdn], look, smell
- A physical sensation that you experience
"he had a queasy feeling"; "I had a strange feeling in my leg"; "he lost all feeling in his arm"
- The sensation produced by pressure receptors in the skin
"the surface had a greasy feeling";
- touch, touch sensation, tactual sensation, tactile sensation
- An intuitive understanding of something
"he had a great feeling for music";
- intuitive feeling
Type of: ambiance, ambience, atmosphere, idea, intuition, perception, sensitiveness, sensitivity, somaesthesia [Brit, Cdn], somatesthesia, somatic sensation, somesthesia [N. Amer], state, thought
Encyclopedia: Feelings Feeling