Adjective: figured fi-g(y)u(r)d
Verb: figure fi-g(y)u(r)
- (of e.g. fabric design) adorned with patterns
"my dress is richly figured"
- Judge to be probable
- calculate, estimate, reckon, count on, forecast
- Be or play a part of or in
"How do the elections figure in the current pattern of internal politics?"; "Elections figure prominently in every government program";
- Imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind
- visualize, visualise [Brit], envision, project, fancy, see, picture, image
- [N. Amer] (mathematics) make a mathematical calculation or computation
- calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon
"He didn't figure her"
See also: figure out, patterned
Type of: apprehend, be, compass, comprehend, conceive of, dig, envisage, evaluate, get the picture, grasp, grok [N. Amer], ideate, imagine, judge, pass judgment, reason, savvy
Encyclopedia: Figured Figure