Noun: flatness flat-nus
- The property of having two dimensions
- two-dimensionality, planeness
- A want of animation or brilliance
"the almost self-conscious flatness of Hemingway's style"
- A deficiency in flavour
"it needed lemon juice to sharpen the flatness of the dried lentils"
- The property of having little or no contrast; lacking highlights or gloss
- lusterlessness [N. Amer], lustrelessness [Brit, Cdn], mat, matt, matte
- Inactivity; showing an unusual lack of energy
"the general appearance of flatness alarmed his friends";
- languor, lethargy, sluggishness, phlegm
Type of: dimensionality, dullness, expressive style, gustatory perception, gustatory sensation, inactiveness, inactivity, inertia, style, taste, taste perception, taste sensation