Verb: fling (flung) fling
Noun: fling fling
- Throw with force or recklessness
"fling the frisbee"
- Move in an abrupt or headlong manner
"He flung himself onto the sofa"
- Throw or cast away
"fling your worries";
- discard, toss, toss out, toss away, chuck out, cast aside, dispose, throw out, cast out, throw away, cast away, put away
- A usually brief attempt
- crack, go, pass, whirl, offer
- A brief indulgence of your impulses
- The act of flinging
- A short sexual relationship
Derived forms: flung, flinging, flings
Type of: attempt, effort, endeavor [US], endeavour [Brit, Cdn], get rid of, intemperance, intemperateness, move, remove, self-indulgence, throw, try, wing