Adjective: flooded flú-did
Verb: flood flúd
- Covered with water
"the main deck was flooded"; "a flooded bathroom";
- afloat, awash, inundated, overflowing
- Overwhelmed by too much of something
"Our phones were flooded with calls"
- Fill quickly beyond capacity; as with a liquid
"The images flooded his mind";
- deluge, inundate, swamp
- Cover with liquid, usually water
"The swollen river flooded the village"; "The broken vein had flooded blood in her eyes"
- Supply with an excess of
"flood the market with tennis shoes";
- oversupply, glut
- Become filled to overflowing
"Our basement flooded during the heavy rains"
See also: flood in, flood out, full
Type of: cover, fill, fill up, furnish, make full, provide, render, spread over, supply
Encyclopedia: Flooded Flood, Gavin