Noun: fuelling fyoo(-u)-ling
Usage: Brit, Cdn (US: fueling)
Verb: fuel (fuelled,fuelling, or [US] fueled,fueling) fyoo(-u)l
- The activity of supplying or taking on fuel
"the plane made an unscheduled stop at Gander for fuelling";
- fueling [US], refueling [US], refuelling [Brit, Cdn]
- Provide with a combustible substance that provides energy
"fuel aircraft, ships, and cars"
- Provide as a source of energy or heat
"Oil fuels the furnace";
- Take in fuel, as of a ship
"The tanker fueled in Bahrain"
"fuel the debate on creationism"
Type of: excite, furnish, provide, provision, render, shake, shake up, stimulate, stir, supply, supplying, take in, take up