Adjective: functional fúngk-shu-nul
- Designed for or capable of a particular function or use
"a style of writing in which every word is functional"; "functional architecture"; "functional education selects knowledge that is concrete and usable rather than abstract and theoretical"; "functional architecture"
- (pathology) involving or affecting function rather than physiology
- Relating to or based on function especially as opposed to structure
"the problem now is not a constitutional one; it is a functional one"; "delegates elected on a functional rather than a geographical basis"
- Fit or ready for use or service
"the toaster was still functional even after being dropped";
- usable, useable, operable, operational
- (of e.g. a machine) performing or capable of performing
"in functional order"; "a functional set of brakes";
- running, operative, working
See also: function, functioning, practicable, practical, purpose, role, serviceable, structural, use, useful, utilitarian
Antonym: nonfunctional, organic