Noun: funnel fú-n(u)l
Verb: funnel (funnelled,funnelling, or [US] funneled,funneling) fú-n(u)l
- A conical shape with a wider and a narrower opening at the two ends
- funnel shape
- A conically shaped utensil having a narrow tube at the small end; used to channel the flow of substances into a container with a small mouth
- (nautical) smokestack consisting of a shaft for ventilation or the passage of smoke (especially the smokestack of a ship)
- Move or pour through a funnel
"funnel the liquid into the small bottle"
- Proceed through a narrow gap or passageway
"Expect delays where the traffic funnels down to one lane"
Derived forms: funnels, funnelling, funnelled, funneled, funneling
Type of: cone, cone shape, conoid, displace, move, smokestack, stack, utensil
Part of: ship