Adjective: glorified 'glo-ru,fId
Verb: glorify 'glo-ru,fI
- Accorded sacrosanct or authoritative standing
"After he was shown to have performed a miracle, the priest was glorified";
- canonized, canonised [Brit]
- Praise, glorify, or honour
"glorify one's spouse's cooking";
- laud, extol, exalt, proclaim
- Bestow glory upon
"The victory over the enemy glorified the Republic"
- Elevate or idealize, in allusion to Christ's transfiguration
- transfigure, spiritualize, spiritualise [Brit]
- Cause to seem more splendid
"You are glorifying a rather mediocre building"
See also: authorised [Brit], authorized
Type of: aggrandise [Brit], aggrandize, alter, blow up, change, dramatise [Brit], dramatize, embellish, embroider, lard, modify, pad, praise