Noun: gold gówld
Adjective: gold (golder,goldest) gówld
- Coins made of gold
- A deep yellow colour
"he admired the gold of her hair";
- A soft yellow malleable ductile (trivalent and univalent) metallic element; occurs mainly as nuggets in rocks and alluvial deposits; does not react with most chemicals but is attacked by chlorine and aqua regia
- Au, atomic number 79
- Great wealth
"Whilst that for which all virtue now is sold, and almost every vice--almighty gold"
- Something likened to the metal in brightness, preciousness or superiority etc.
"the child was as good as gold"; "she has a heart of gold"
- Made from or covered with gold
"gold coins"; "the gold dome of the Capitol";
- golden, gilded
- Having the deep slightly brownish colour of gold
"long gold hair"; "a gold carpet";
- aureate, gilded, gilt, golden
Derived forms: golds, golder, goldest
See also: chromatic, metal, metallic, metalline [archaic]
Type of: invaluableness, noble metal, precious metal, preciousness, pricelessness, riches, valuableness, wealth, yellow, yellowness
Part of: dental gold, gold foil, gold leaf, graphic tellurium, sylvanite
Encyclopedia: Gold, Ernest Gold, California Gold Gold, Frankincense and Myrrh Gold, frankincense, and myrrh Gold, Texas Gold, Peace, and Prosperity