Adjective: harmonic haa(r)'mó-nik
Noun: harmonic haa(r)'mó-nik
- Of or relating to harmony as distinct from melody and rhythm
"subtleties of harmonic change and tonality"
- Of or relating to harmonics
- Of or relating to the branch of acoustics that studies the composition of musical sounds
"the sound of the resonating cavity cannot be the only determinant of the harmonic response"
- Relating to vibrations that occur as a result of vibrations in a nearby body
- Involving or characterized by harmony
- consonant, harmonical, harmonized, harmonised [Brit]
- A tone that is a component of a complex sound
- Any of a series of musical tones whose frequencies are integral multiples of the frequency of a fundamental
Derived forms: harmonics
See also: harmonious
Type of: pure tone, quality, timber [non-standard], timbre, tone