Adverb: here heer
Adjective: here heer
- In or at this place; where the speaker or writer is
"I work here"; "turn here"; "radio waves received here on Earth"
- In this circumstance or respect or on this point or detail
"what do we have here?"; "here I must disagree"
- To this place (especially toward the speaker)
"come here, please";
- At this time; now
"we'll adjourn here for lunch and discuss the remaining issues this afternoon"
Noun: here heer
- Being here now
"is everyone here?"
Noun: Here heer-ee
- The present location; this place
"where do we go from here?"
- Queen of the Olympian gods in ancient Greek mythology; sister and wife of Zeus remembered for her jealousy of the many mortal women Zeus fell in love with; identified with Roman Juno
Derived forms: heres
See also: present
Type of: Greek deity, location
Encyclopedia: Here, There Be Dragons