Noun: history his-t(u-)ree
- The aggregate of past events
"a critical time in the school's history"
- A record or narrative description of past events
"a history of France";
- account, chronicle, story
- The discipline that records and interprets past events involving human beings
"he teaches Medieval history"; "history takes the long view"
- The continuum of events occurring in succession leading from the past to the present and even into the future
"all of human history"
- All that is remembered of the past as preserved in writing; a body of knowledge
"the dawn of recorded history"; "from the beginning of history"
Derived forms: histories
Type of: arts, cognition, continuum, humanistic discipline, humanities, knowledge, liberal arts, noesis, past, past times, record, yesteryear
Encyclopedia: History, Mystery & Prophecy