Noun: hours aw(-u)rz
Noun: hour aw(-u)r
- A period of time assigned for work
"they work long hours"
- An indefinite period of time
"they talked for hours"
- A period of time equal to 1/24th of a day
"the job will take more than an hour";
- hr, 60 minutes
- Clock time
"the hour is getting late";
- time of day
- A special and memorable period
"it was their finest hour"
- Distance measured by the time taken to cover it
"we live an hour from the airport";
Sounds like: hour, ours
Type of: clock time, distance, period, period of time, time, time period, time unit, unit of time, work time
Part of: 24-hour interval, day, mean solar day, solar day, twenty-four hour period, twenty-four hours
Encyclopedia: Hours, PyrÃ©nÃ©es-Atlantiques Hour, Iran