Adverb: however haw'e-vu(r)
- Despite anything to the contrary (usually following a concession)
"although I'm a little afraid, however I'd like to try it";
- nevertheless, withal, still, yet, all the same, even so, nonetheless, notwithstanding
- By contrast; on the other hand
"the first part was easy; the second, however, took hours"
- To whatever degree or extent
"The results, however general, are important"; "they have begun, however reluctantly, to acknowledge the legitimacy of some of the opposition's concerns"
- In whatever way or manner
"Victory, however it was brought about, was sweet"; "however he did it, it was very clever"
- In what way or manner or by what means
"however did you get here so soon?";