Verb: indent 'in,dent
Noun: indent 'in,dent
- Set in from the margin
"Indent the paragraphs of a letter"
- Cut or tear along an irregular line so that the parts can later be matched for authentication
"indent the documents"
- Make a depression into
"The bicycle indented my car";
- Notch the edge of or make jagged
- Bind by or as if by indentures, as of an apprentice or servant
- [Brit] An order for goods to be exported or imported
- The space left between the margin and the start of an indented line
- indentation, indention, indenture
Derived forms: indents, indenting, indented
Type of: arrange, bend, bind, blank space, cut, deform, flex, format, hold, notch, obligate, oblige, order, place, purchase order, space, turn, twist