Noun: indication ,in-du'key-shun
- Something that serves to indicate or suggest
"an indication of foul play"; "indications of strain";
- The act of indicating or pointing out by name
- (medicine) a reason to prescribe a drug or perform a procedure
"the presence of bacterial infection was an indication for the use of antibiotics"
- Something (as a course of action) that is indicated as expedient or necessary
"there were indications that it was time to leave"
- A datum about some physical state that is presented to a user by a meter or similar instrument
"the barometer gave clear indications of an approaching storm";
- reading, meter reading
Derived forms: indications
Type of: advice, communication, data point, datum, naming, reason