Adjective: inflamed in'fleymd
Verb: inflame in'fleym
- Resulting from inflammation; hot and swollen and reddened
"eyes inflamed with crying"
- Lighted with red light as if with flames
"the inflamed clouds at sunset";
- ablaze, reddened
- (heraldry) adorned with tongues of flame
- Cause inflammation in
"The repetitive motion inflamed her joint"
- Catch fire
"The dried grass of the prairie inflamed, spreading the flames for miles";
- Cause to start burning
"The setting sun inflamed the sky with oranges and reds";
- kindle, enkindle, conflagrate
- Arouse or excite feelings and passions
"The refugees' fate inflamed compassion around the world";
- stir up, wake, ignite, heat, fire up
- Become inflamed; get sore
"His throat inflamed"
See also: adorned, decorated, light, unhealthy
Type of: aggravate, arouse, decline, elicit, enkindle, evoke, exacerbate, exasperate, fire, flare up, ignite, kindle, light, provoke, raise, worsen