Noun: interface 'in-tu(r),feys
Verb: interface 'in-tu(r),feys
- (chemistry) a surface forming a common boundary between two things (two objects, liquids or chemical phases)
- (computing) a program that controls a display for the user (usually on a computer monitor) and that allows the user to interact with the system
- user interface
- The overlap where two theories or phenomena affect each other or have links with each other
"the interface between chemistry and biology"
- (computing) computer circuit consisting of the hardware and associated circuitry that links one device with another (especially a computer and a hard disk drive or other peripherals)
- (computing) to connect with an interface
"I think you should try to interface with sales department"
Derived forms: interfacing, interfaces, interfaced
Type of: computer circuit, computer program, computer programme [Brit], convergence, intersection, overlap, program, programme [Brit, Cdn], surface
Encyclopedia: Interface, Inc