Noun: junior joon-yu(r) [N. Amer], joon-yu(r) or joo-nee-u(r) [Brit]
Adjective: junior joon-yu(r) [N. Amer], joon-yu(r) or joo-nee-u(r) [Brit]
- Term of address for a disrespectful and annoying male
"look here, junior, it's none of your business"
- A third-year undergraduate
- The younger of two persons
"she is two years my junior"
- Younger; lower in rank; shorter in length of tenure or service
- Used of the third or next to final year in United States high school or college
"the junior class";
- third-year, next-to-last
- Including or intended for youthful persons
"a junior sports league"; "junior fashions"
- A son who has the same first name as his father
- Jr, Jnr
Derived forms: juniors
See also: higher rank, higher status, immature, intermediate, jr., junior-grade, lower-ranking, lowly, minor [Brit], petty, secondary, senior status, seniority, subaltern, subordinate, young, younger
Type of: arriviste, boy, individual, lowerclassman, mortal, nouveau-riche, parvenu, person, somebody, someone, son, soul, underclassman, upstart
Encyclopedia: Junior, Senior & Big League Baseball Junior Junior, West Virginia Junior, WV