Adjective: knotted nó-tid
Verb: knot (knotted,knotting) nót
- Tied with a knot
"his carefully knotted necktie"
- Used of old persons or old trees; covered with knobs or knots
"gnarled and knotted hands"; "gnarly and knotted hands"; "knotty and knotted hands";
- gnarled, gnarly, knotty, knobbed
- Make into knots; make knots out of
"She knotted her fingers"
- Tie or fasten into a knot
"knot the shoelaces"
- Make more complicated or confused
- ravel, tangle
See also: crooked, fastened, tied
Type of: bind, create from raw material, create from raw stuff, enlace, entwine, interlace, intertwine, lace, tie, twine