Noun: lance lãn(t)s
Verb: lance lãn(t)s
- A long pointed rod used as a tool or weapon
- spear, shaft
- An implement with a shaft and barbed point used for catching fish
- spear, gig, fizgig, fishgig
- A surgical knife with a pointed double-edged blade; used for punctures and small incisions
- Move quickly, as if by cutting one's way
"Planes lanced towards the shore"
- Pierce with a lance, as in a knights' fight
- Open by piercing with a lancet
"lance a boil"
Derived forms: lances, lanced, lancing
Type of: arm, go, implement, locomote, move, open, open up, pierce, surgical knife, thrust, travel, weapon, weapon system
Part of: fishing gear, fishing rig, fishing tackle, rig, tackle
Encyclopedia: Lance Lance, Inc