Noun: landscape 'lan(d),skeyp
Verb: landscape 'lan(d),skeyp
- An expanse of scenery that can be seen in a single view
- Painting depicting an expanse of natural scenery
- A genre of art dealing with the depiction of natural scenery
- landscape painting
- An extensive mental viewpoint
"the political landscape looks bleak without a change of administration"; "we changed the landscape for solving the problem of payroll inequity"
- (printing) printing orientation where the horizontal sides are longer than the vertical sides
- (gardening) embellish with plants
"Let's landscape the yard"
- (gardening) do landscape gardening
"My sons landscapes for corporations and earns a good living"
Derived forms: landscaping, landscapes, landscaped
Type of: adorn, beautify, decorate, embellish, garden, genre, grace, ornament, outlook, painting, picture, point of view, scenery, slant, stand, standpoint, viewpoint
Encyclopedia: Landscape, Branchville